Varsha's Varshgaanth and The Big Gang Theory

We have been the best of friends for a long long time. Now that I mention it, let me count... 17 years... Wow Varsha, that's cool!

When we met in college, we were a huge gang of science students... I guess we were the biggest gang in our college bound by studies and fun. And as it happens with most of us, when we move towards the final year and the majors change, we get to spend lesser 'big-gang' time together. Eventually and mostly, Chem people stay together breaking countless burettes and flasks; Physics folks stay tied up as their frequencies match better; Botany and Zoology species form their own genus; and Maths, well their equations are a bit different and very intellectual. I call it The Big Gang Theory! 

So, when I was confused between Physics and Chemistry for the final year, most of my friends took up Chemistry. And weird as it might seem, that's why I opted for the subject! I am glad I did. Else, I don't know if me and Varsha and Sush would have stayed well in touch until now, almost every day!

She has been such a lovely friend and support system I cannot explain. I only wish if I could just drop at her house on her birthday today with the flowers and cake as we all friends used to do on birthdays! But I am so glad I need not explain to her why I can't come as she understands me without saying a word! So this one's for you Varsha:

Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday dear Varsha
Happy birthday to you

We enjoy PJs with you
and the one-liners too
"Aaj pata hai kya hua..."
we look forward to

Those were the days
with dosas and jam
Those were the days
with masti and Chem

These are the days
we will look back to
And then we shall say
these were great too

Times can be bad
and times are good too
But why should we worry
when friendship is true!

So happy birthday to you
and lots of love too
When you see any flower
It's from 'All Of Us' to you ;)

1 comment:

Thank you for dropping by my blog! If you have reached the comments section, I presume you have read and liked what I wrote. So please feel free to comment on how you liked this post.
Of course, there is a possibility that you found the first few lines too boring / incorrect / disagreeable that you decided to jump to the comments section and give me some piece of your mind. See, that is why I have moderation on comments ;)
Hehe! Hope to see you around.