The four-word sentence

She called me up around 8 am. I saw her name beeping on my phone and I almost knew the bad news she'd to share. No... I wasn't prepared to hear it. Not today.

I answered the call with great hesitation. She was stammering. I knew it would be tough for her to inform us all. But some things have to be told, some things have to be heard. Those four words shook my day. "I can't come today", my househelp called in sick!

PS - I hope she recovers soon. Not for my selfish reasons. I really mean it.

4 comments:

  1. I hope your maid recovers soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope all gets well for both of you!

    If you like something about my blog,do VOTE ME!

    http://www.indiblogger.in/indipost.php?post=34845
    Your Vote counts for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey , nice blog , like it ,
    won’t be nice if i u can clickover to my blog page too ,
    & post some suggestion

    ReplyDelete
  4. @SG - ya she's back n rocking
    @monisha - thanks... hey i like your blog's layout, but am finding it difficult to find the content

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by my blog! If you have reached the comments section, I presume you have read and liked what I wrote. So please feel free to comment on how you liked this post.
Of course, there is a possibility that you found the first few lines too boring / incorrect / disagreeable that you decided to jump to the comments section and give me some piece of your mind. See, that is why I have moderation on comments ;)
Hehe! Hope to see you around.